Thursday, March 4, 2010

growing like a weed

I can't believe how much Reagan is doing already. It seems like she is doing stuff so much earlier than Maddison did them.
She is 7 weeks already!

-She had a strong neck from the very beginning,
but she can hold her head up really good now.
I'd say she can hold it between 45 and 90 degrees
when she is on her tummy. She can hold her head
straight when you pull her up from laying to sitting
by her arms. She's a strong little thing. lol

-4.5 weeks she could support her weight on her legs when we
hold her up. She stands for 30 seconds or so, then her legs get
tired and she squats down to rest and then
she pops back up. Its so funny.

-5 weeks she started actually smiling.
She smiles all the time, especially when we tell her she is a
pretty girl or make a farting noise with our mouth.

-5.5 weeks she started saying 'ah-goo' in the cutest little baby
voice. When we talk to her she says it back as if she were trying
to talk to us. She has to think so hard to get it out, but it is
adorable when she does!

-sometimes she will eat up to 5.5 ounces of formula!
That's as much as they say an 'average' 3-4 month old should eat.
(apparently 7lbs at birth is considered average)
It's great though, the more she eats the longer she sleeps!
She has slept over 5 hours a few nights now,
last night it was almost 6 hours!

-she sits in the ExerSaucer now.
She can't touch the bottom, so her little feet just dangle,
but she loves to be able to sit up and watch everything around her.
I can't wait until her head is 100% stable so I can put her in the
jumperoo and the Johnny jumper thing we got.
She will love them!

I am loving every new thing she can do. I can't wait until she is big enough to actually play with Maddison! I told Maddison that when Reagan is learning to walk she can hold her hand to help.
Maddison said 'I'll hold her hand to help walk and I wont let her fall'. How cute is that!

She is such a great big sister. Her main job is binky patrol. When Reagan cries Maddison comes running to pop the binky in her mouth! I let Maddison change her diaper and she did a pretty good job. She can actually get both of Reagan's feet in her one hand to lift her butt up and slide the diaper under. Her only problem is diaper placement, the diaper ends up sideways and loose. lol It is so cute to watch though, Maddison is so proud of herself when she's done.
I have heard of the first kid getting jealous and angry over a new baby, even being mean to the baby, I am so glad Maddison isn't like that. She loves Reagan and would do everything for her if I would let her.

I am blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment